If you love pickles you are going to go crazy over these homemade dill pickle potato chips! These are crispy, salt, and the perfect snack. They are healthier than normal potatoes because there's no oil and made in the air fryer.
Ingredient for Dill Pickle Potato Chips
- Russet Potatoes
- Pickle Juice
- Dried Dill
- Garlic Powder
FAQ for Homemade Dill Pickle Potato Chips:
Can I use a different type of potato?
Yes, instead of russet you could try yellow or red potatoes. They may produce smaller chips but just as tasty.
How do I store these for later?
You can keep in an air tight container for 1-2 days but they will be the CRISPIEST the day of making.
What if I don't have an air fryer?
If you don't have an air fryer you can try baking these in the oven. You may want to add 1-2 tablespoon of oil to help them crisp in the oven but it is optional. Bake at 400F for 10 min, then flip and bake for another ~7 min until crispy and browned (watch closely so they don't burn). Let cool for 5 minute before eating.
I want to get an air fryer but don't know which one to get.
There are so many on the market! Here are some of the top on Amazon (Click image to go to page)
Are these chips healthy?
They are a healthier alternative to regular potato chips. No oil is used in this recipe which decreases the total calorie and fat count.
What is the best dipping sauce?
I love ranch because it pairs well with the dill pickle chips. You could also try a garlic herb aioli.
▶︎For more easy air fryer potato recipes, check out these Air Fryer Cinnamon Chips or Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes! Did you know can also use canned potatoes to make crispy potatoes in the air fryer? Check out this easy recipe for air fryer canned potatoes!
♡ Did you love this recipe? ♡
Leave a ⭐️rating and ✏️comment below (I love to read them!) Tag us on Instagram with a photo or video of your dish 📸 @naturallieplantbased.
Subscribe for more delicious recipes!
Homemade Dill Pickle Potato Chips (Air Fryer)
- 2 medium russet potatoes
- 1.5 cups pickle juice
- 2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt adjust for salt preference
- Start by rinsing the outside of your potatoes. Slice into thin pieces using knife or mandolin.
- In a large bowl pour pickle juice over sliced potatoes. Allow to marinate for 1 hour (overnight if you can), flipping halfway through to ensure all potatoes get some marinade
- Drain potatoes. Sprinkle dried dill, garlic powder, and salt over the potato slices and mix well.
- In an air fryer pre heated to 400F, lay out potato slices evenly without overlap. Cook potato slices for 16-20min (Shake halfway through). You may have to cook 2 batches.
- Enjoy with ranch dipping sauce.