This creamy, tangy vegan ranch is easy to make in just 5 minutes with healthy ingredients! It contains no cashews or oil like many other vegan ranch dressings. It's perfect as a dip, dressing, or sauce.
Ranch goes well with everything! This sauce, dressing dip, (whatever you want to call it!) is literally the perfect condiment to have ready to go in your fridge. It's great for salads, on top of roasted veggies or potatoes, as a spread on a wrap (like my Buffalo Tofu Wrap), as a dip with pretzels, and so much more!
Back in Wisconsin where I'm from, people even dip their pizza in ranch. Kinda weird, right? But it actually does taste amazing.
This is one of the easiest ranch dressings you will ever make, and it's also healthy! I love when I discover a combination of ingredients that tastes amazing and contains quality ingredients.
So many other vegan ranch dressings contain vegan mayo (90 cal per 1 tablespoon and high fat), cashews (expensive and time consuming to soak and blend), or a really long list of ingredients. In this recipe we can make a refreshing vegan ranch with only a handful of simple ingredients.
Looking for another delicious dip? Try out Creamy Buffalo Chickpea Dip !
- Unsweetened, Plain Almond Yogurt: This type of yogurt works best for vegan ranch. It's slightly tangy but does not have any other added flavors. It also has a good consistency that is not too thick for a dressing.
- Lemon Juice: Fresh is best!
- White Vinegar: This will give the dressing the slight tang and sour flavor of a buttermilk ranch. You can also use apple cider vinegar.
- Fresh dill and parsley: You can also use dried if you don't have fresh.
- Garlic and onion powder and salt
How to Make Healthy Vegan Ranch Dressing
The base of our vegan ranch is an unsweetened, plain almond milk yogurt. I find this yogurt is the best for vegan ranch: it has a great consistency and not overtly flavorful to distract from the ranch flavors.
To make this simple healthy vegan ranch, just mix up your ingredients in small bowl.
If you are using this for a salad dressing, add 1-2 tablespoon of water to thin if you want a thinner sauce.
What to serve with vegan ranch
Use this ranch as a dip, dressing, or spread.
This vegan ranch is naturally a little thicker so it is great as a dip for:
- chips (like these delicious homemade dill pickle potato chips)
- buffalo cauliflower wings
To make this thinner for a dressing, just add in 1-2 tablespoon of water to desired consistency.
It's also a delicious spread:
- tofu buffalo wrap
Get the recipe for this vegan buffalo wrap.
- Use dried herbs instead of fresh (1 tablespoon fresh= 1 teaspoon dried)
- Use apple cider vinegar in place of regular white vinegar
Store in the fridge for up to 7 days. If it starts to get thick add in 1-2 tablespoon of water and stir. Do not freeze.
- Finely dice your herbs before mixing into your vegan ranch.
- Use fresh lemon juice if possible.
♡ Did you love this recipe? ♡
Leave a ⭐️rating and ✏️comment below (I love to read them!) Tag us on Instagram with a photo or video of your dish 📸 @naturallieplantbased.
Subscribe for more delicious recipes!
Easy Healthy Vegan Ranch (No Cashews or Oil)
- In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients until combined.
- If you want a thinner vegan ranch for salads, add 1-2 tablespoon of water until desired consistency.
- Store in the fridge in a glass container for up to 7 days.