Looking for a quick, refreshing lunch? This 5 minute mediterranean cucumber tomato salad is packed with fresh flavors including tomatoes, cucumbers, chickpeas, fresh lemon, and more!
Why you'll love this recipe:
- Quick and simple: 5 minutes with simple ingredients you probably already have in your house!
- Refreshing: Fresh lemon and crisp tomatoes and cucumbers create a tasty, delicious salad
- Healthy: Packed with plant-based protein from the chickpeas, fresh veggies, and lemon. This is a nutrient powerhouse salad!
- Vegan, gluten free, and dairy free!
For this recipe you will need some fresh ingredients:
- Can of chickpeas: You can swap this out for another white bean such as Great Northern Beans.
- Tomato: You can use a roma, vine, or cherry tomatoes. All will taste amazing in this salad!
- Cucumber: Creates a crisp crunch to the salad. If you don't have cucumber consider a pepper.
- Parsley: Fresh parsley tastes amazing in this recipe. If you don't have parsley consider using dried herbs such as oregano or herbs de provence.
- Fresh Lemon: I highly recommend freshly squeezed lemon for this recipe for the best flavor!
- Vegan feta: Not a requirement, but adds a good savory aspect to the acidity of the lemon. I love Follow Your Heart or Violife feta.
- Kalamata olives: They have a strong, rich salty flavor that pairs well with this salad. If you only have black olives those will also taste good too.
- Olive oil: I recommend a high quality extra virgin olive oil. If you are trying to be oil-free, you can omit this from the recipe. I love Fresh Press Farms.
- Add more veg: red pepper, red onion, spinach, or artichokes
- Add grains: chilled couscous, quinoa, or barley would be delicious in this salad!
- Add more protein: white beans, sprinkle of hemp seeds, mini tofu cubes
- Add more flavor: Vegan pesto, fresh basil, or avocado!
How to Make this Mediterranean Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Dice up your veggies (tomato, cucumber, parsley).
- In a large bowl combine chickpeas with veggies, feta, olives, lemon, juice, and olive oil. Gently mix.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
If you like this recipe, try out this other delicious Mediterranean Farro salad.
Why this salad is a Nutrient Powerhouse
This Mediterranean salad packed with cucumbers, tomatoes, chickpeas and more is filled with vitamins and minerals that nourish your body!
- Plant-based protein and fiber: Chickpeas are an amazing bean filled with almost 12g of protein per cup and fiber to help with digestion.
- Vitamins: Tomatoes, cucumbers, parsley, and lemon juice are packed with Vitamin C to help your immune system. Tomatoes are high in lycopene, an antioxidant that fights free radicals to prevent cancer.
- Antioxidants: Herbs like parsley are highly concentrated in antioxidants which can lower your risk of certain cancers.
- Fridge: Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Freezer: I do not recommend freezing this recipe.
- If you have time, you can chill this salad for 1 hour and it will taste even better! The flavors will marinate together over time.
- Don't forget to wash your tomato and cucumber before dicing. Dirt definitely doesn't taste good!
- Use a high quality olive oil for this salad. This flavor will really define your salad!
Looking for more refreshing salads? Try out:
Find more 20+ Refreshing Vegan Salads here!
Did you love this recipe?
Leave a rating and comment below (I love to read them!) Tag us on Instagram with a photo or video of your dish @naturallieplantbased.
Get more delicious plant-based recipes and tips sent right to your inbox!
5 Minute Mediterranean Salad with Cucumbers and Tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- ½ large tomato diced
- ½ medium cucumber diced
- 2 tablespoon parsley chopped
- ⅓ cup vegan feta crumbled
- ⅓ cup kalamata olives sliced
- 1 medium lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dice up your tomato and cucumber into ~½ inch pieces
- In a large bowl, combine chickpeas, tomato, cucumber, parsley, vegan feta, kalamata olives, lemon, and olive oil. Gently mix.
- Sprinkle in salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy right away or chill for 1 hour.
- Use high quality extra virgin olive oil. I love Fresh Press Farms.
- Chill in the fridge for 1 hour if you have time for better flavor.
- Veg: red pepper, red onion, spinach, or artichokes
- Grains: chilled couscous, quinoa, or barley would be delicious in this salad!
- Protein: white beans, sprinkle of hemp seeds, mini tofu cubes
- Other Flavor: Vegan pesto, fresh basil, or avocado!
Leave a comment (I love to hear from you!)