This is a delicious, veg & protein packed noodle bowl! This bowl has 4 different veggies, crispy tofu, and a creamy Thai peanut sauce on top. Soba noodles pair perfectly with this Thai-inspired bowl. You will love this for a weeknight meal!
What you need:
- Extra Firm Tofu
- Soba Noodles
- Red and Orange Pepper
- Crushed Peanuts
- Peanut Butter
- Sesame Oil
- Soy sauce
- Brown sugar
- Rice vinegar
- Garlic powder
- Ginger powder
What are soba noodles ?
Soba noodles are thin noodles made from buckwheat. They are high protein and fiber as well as lots of other vitamins and minerals like manganese. They are generally gluten-free but make sure to check the package that there is no wheat added.
Veggies: Raw vs. Cooked
This meal contains 4 different veggies and in this recipe I kept the veggies raw, however you can cook them over the stove before if you prefer your veggies cooked. I recommend leaving the spinach raw.
Try out these other great recipes:
Thai Peanut Noodle Bowl
Veggies, Noodles, Toppings
- 1 Red Pepper sliced
- 1 Orange Pepper sliced
- 2 medium Carrots sliced into Ribbons
- 2 3.2 oz Packages Soba Noodles
- Optional Toppings: Crushed peanuts and Cilantro
- Start by making your tofu. Preheat oven for 400 F. Drain and press tofu for 10 min. Cut tofu into 1 inch cubes.
- In a gallon size plastic bag, add tofu along with cornstarch, salt, and garlic powder. Shake gently until tofu is well-coated.
- On a parchment lined sheet, lay out tofu pieces evenly. Bake for 25 minutes, flipping ~ half way through.
- While tofu is cooking, dice up your veggies and make your peanut sauce. You can leave your veggies raw like I do in this recipe or you could cook the peppers over medium heat with a little olive oil for 5 minutes.
- To make your peanut sauce add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well with a fork until combined.
- Lastly, make your soba noodles as they generally cook in about 4 minutes. Cook to package instructions.
- Assemble bowl with spinach, noodles, other veggies, then tofu on top. Drizzle peanut sauce on top. Sprinkle with crushed peanuts and cilantro if desired.