Strengthen your immune system during the winter season with these easy immunity bombs! A mix of citrus and spice, these vibrant tea bombs are flavorful and energizing with every sip.
I'm OBSESSED with immunity boosting foods. There's a lot of research how the food is medicine that can transform our bodies.
If you've ever had those wellness shots (also known as immunity shots), these easy simple immunity bombs have very similar effects. They are great for the colder months with those pesky colds and flus start to drag us down. This is a natural remedy with high does of vitamin C and other immune boosting compounds to help strengthen your immunity.
If you're looking for another immune boosting remedy, try out these garlic shots!
- Oranges: High in Vitamin C and studies show they can reduce markers of inflammation (which are often seen in viral illnesses) and is great for immune support.
- Fresh ginger: Ginger has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects based on studies.
- Lemon: Also another high Vitamin C fruit to support immunity. Adding in a little of the zest is a great way to get more nutrients as well.
- Turmeric + Black Pepper: Curcumin, the main component of turmeric, has been found to have antibacterial properties. Black pepper assists in the absorption of Curcumin.
- Honey: Studies have shown honey has antimicrobial and anti inflammatory effects
- Coconut water: Tannins in coconut water may help reduce inflammation.
See recipe card for full ingredient list and quantities.
Step 1: In a high-speed blender add all your ingredients: fresh orange juice, fresh lemon juice, raw ginger (cut into small pieces), turmeric, black pepper, honey, and coconut water (or water). Blend until smooth.
Step 2: Pour into your ice cube tray (either use a large cube tray or smaller cube tray). Freeze until solid.
Step 3: When ready to use, place one large cube or 2 small cubes in a glass. Pour 1 cup of water over the cube. Warm in the microwave to desired temperature. Enjoy!
You can also use grapefruit juice or lime juice for a fun new flavor.
I recommend keeping them for about 3 months in the freezer. Any longer and they can get freezer burned.
You can add lots of other delish additions:
-Sprinkle of cayenne pepper (helps to boost metabolism)
-Zest of lemon and orange
-Garlic (has immune boosting effects)
-Green tea (instead of coconut water or regular water)
- You can make these as either 6 large cubes or smaller cubes in a basic ice tray. I love to use these silicone large cube trays for easy removal!
- These immunity bombs are a good way to start off your day. You can just mix it with some water or add in your favorite tea bag too for a different flavor, such as green tea.
- You can also use fresh turmeric, although it is a little harder to find. Fresh turmeric has more curcumin than powdered.
- Add in other ingredients like cayenne pepper or garlic for other ways to boost the nutritional value in these immunity bombs.
⇨ Healthy Winter Recipes⇦
♡ Did you love this recipe? ♡
Leave a ⭐️rating and ✏️comment below (I love to read them!) Tag us on Instagram with a photo or video of your dish 📸 @naturallieplantbased.
Subscribe for more delicious recipes!
Easy Immunity Bombs
- Juice of 2 large oranges ~ ½ cup juice
- Juice of 2 large lemons ~⅓- ½ cup juice
- 2 tablespoon diced ginger
- 1 cup coconut water
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1.5 teaspoon turmeric or ~1 inch of fresh turmeric
- few pinches pepper
- Simply add all your ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until well combined. You should have close to 2 cups of liquid.
- Pour into a large silicone cube tray or a small ice cube tray. Place in freezer until fully set.
- When ready to enjoy, add the large cube to a mug (or 2-3 small cubes) and pour ~ 1 cup hot water over it. Stir with a spoon. You can warm the drink up more in the microwave or enjoy chilled.
- Store leftover cubes in a airtight bag or container for up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Sprinkle of cayenne pepper (helps to boost metabolism)
- Zest of lemon and orange
- Garlic (has immune boosting effects)
- Green tea (instead of coconut water or regular water)