Make this festive vegan Christmas Tree Cheese for your next holiday party! Flavored with dill and cranberries, this will be a huge hit amongst your family and guests.
Why you'll love this recipe
- Creamy, soft, with a touch of sweetness from the cranberries
-Vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free for many guests with dietary restrictions
-A great make-ahead recipe!
-A crowd favorite for the holiday season
- Cashews: Use raw cashews (if possible) and soak in hot, boiled water for at least 20 minutes. Optimally, overnight soaking will produce the creamiest dip.
- Vegan Cream Cheese: You only need 4 oz. of cream cheese but it helps with the creaminess of the dip.
- Dried Cranberries: Adds the perfect sweetness to this Christmas tree cheese dip! (And also cute ornaments)
- Nutritional Yeast: This will add to the cheesy flavor.
- Spices: Onion powder, garlic powder, salt
- Water: A small amount of water helps with blending (not too much or your tree will not form as well).
Step by Step Instructions:
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, Christmas Tree Cheese is the perfect make-ahead recipe before your holiday party. You can make just the cashew or the whole tree with dill, cranberry ornaments, and pepper star if you want. It can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Can I double this recipe for a bigger Christmas Tree Cheese?
I did not try doubling this at home but I'm sure you could double the ingredients to make for extra guests.
- You will have to stir the cheese multiple times as you blend it. Avoid adding too much extra water or your cheese will be so soft and hard to form
- Check on your Christmas Tree Cheese a few times while it is setting the fridge.You can mold it as it is setting to help form the shape. Don't worry if you cheese is not very "tree-like" at the beginning! You will be able to mold it a lot at the end.
- Don't have dill? Substitute for chopped parsley!
Did you make this recipe?
Please comment and rate below and tag me on Instagram with @naturallieplantbased #naturallieplantbased. I love to see your recreations!
Christmas Tree Cheese (Vegan)
- Start by soaking your cashews in boiled water for at least 20 minutes (optimal overnight for the softest cashews).
- In a high speed blender add cashews, nutritional yeast, and spices. Blend until smooth.
- Add in vegan cream cheese and cranberries. Blend until combined but don't overblend (you want some pieces of cranberries).
- Lay out plastic wrap and pour cashew cheese in center. Start wrapping the cashew cheese and form a Christmas tree shape. The cheese will be soft but you will be able to form into a better tree shape as it sets in the fridge.
- Place in the fridge upright for at least 4 hours (overnight produced the best results!)
- Unwrap cheese tree and press chopped dill on sides of tree.
- Press cranberries for your ornaments. Cut out a yellow pepper star and put on top.
- Enjoy with crackers, pretzels, or veggies!
- I have found you can use raw or roasted cashews and both create a delicious dip or spread. Use whatever you can find and it price convenient for you.
- I like to use dried cranberries with no added sugar if possible. They still taste amazing but have much less sugar than regular dried.
- You can serve this with a variation of crackers, pretzels, or even veggies like carrots or sliced peppers.