Curl up with a bowl of this Rustic Tomato Ravioli Soup which blends oven-roasted sweet tomatoes, fresh rosemary sprigs, aromatic garlic, and hearty vegan ravioli. The tender ravioli absorb the luscious tomato broth so that each dreamy bite is perfectly satisfying.
Have you ever had fresh tomato soup (like not from a can?) The flavor is 1000x better! In this Rustic Tomato Ravioli Soup we will roast the tomatoes for an extended time until they become tender, slightly charred, and sweet.
Ready to cozy up with more soup? Check out these soups:
- My Nourishing Lentil Barley Soup is hearty and wholesome.
- This Creamy Tomato Carrot Soup is the perfect blend of fresh tomatoes and sweet carrots.
- Try out this hearty Potato Leek Kale Soup for a cozy meal.
- Fresh tomatoes: I recommend vine-ripe tomatoes for this recipe as they tend to be sweeter and juicier, enhancing the overall richness of the soup. For another tomato-forward soup, try out my Creamy Tomato Gnocchi Soup or Tuscan Chickpea Soup.
- Vegan ravioli: They can be found in various places, including well-stocked grocery stores, health food stores (like Whole Foods), and specialty or organic food markets. You can also find in on Amazon like this Kite Hill Vegan Ravioli (order through Whole Foods). This Whole Foods Brand Ravioli is also vegan (and cheaper). Add image
- Fresh rosemary: This adds some depth of flavor to the soup and enhances the "rustic" taste.
- Full-fat coconut milk: This adds a touch of creaminess to the soup. You only need 1 cup (and a touch extra for garnish, if desired).
See recipe card for full ingredient list and quantities.
Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes. The skins should be slightly charred on the outside. The inside should be soft and tender on the inside. Let it cool for 10 minutes.
Step 2: Place the tomatoes, carrots, and onion into a blender, including all of the juices in the pan. Add the oregano, rosemary, peeled garlic cloves, and puree until smooth.
Step 3: Pour the mixture into a large Dutch oven or pot and heat over medium heat. Add the vegetable broth, coconut milk, and tomato paste.
Step 4: Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce it to a simmer. Add in the ravioli and cook for the recommended time (usually around 5 minutes or so for frozen and a bit less time for fresh ravioli).
Serve the soup and top with vegan parmesan cheese, freshly ground black pepper, and/or red pepper flakes. Enjoy!
For the best flavor and texture in this tomato ravioli soup, it's recommended to use vine-ripened tomatoes, as they tend to be sweeter and juicier, enhancing the overall richness of the soup.
Vegan ravioli can be found in various places, including well-stocked grocery stores, health food stores (like Whole Foods), and specialty or organic food markets.
You can also find in on Amazon like this Kite Hill Vegan Ravioli (order through Whole Foods). This Whole Foods Brand Ravioli is also vegan (and cheaper).
You can also use a food processor or an immersion blender. If you use an immersion blender it may take you longer to achieve a creamier consistency.
- If time allows, you can consider making your own vegan ravioli. It can add an extra layer of satisfaction and freshness to the dish.
- Be mindful of the cooking time for the store-bought vegan ravioli. Overcooking may cause them to become mushy, so follow the package instructions carefully.
- Add a swirl of coconut milk on top of you soup for a gorgeous garnish (and a little extra creaminess!)
⇨ More Amazing Soups! ⇦
♡ Did you love this recipe? ♡
Leave a ⭐️rating and ✏️comment below (I love to read them!) Tag us on Instagram with a photo or video of your dish 📸 @naturallieplantbased.
Subscribe for more delicious recipes!
Rustic Tomato Ravioli Soup (Vegan)
- Large Pot or Dutch Oven
- 2 lbs vine ripe tomatoes washed and havled
- 2 medium carrots peeled and diced
- 1 medium sweet or white onion roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic whole (skins still on)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 sprigs rosemary* stems removed
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 9-12 oz ravioli of choice* See note (I used Kite Hill Spinach Ravioli)
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place the cut tomatoes, whole garlic cloves (skins on), carrots, and onion on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes. The skins should be slightly charred on the outside. The inside should be soft and tender on the inside. (You can always broil for another few minutes of needed).Let it cool for 10 minutes.2 lbs vine ripe tomatoes, 2 medium carrots, 1 medium sweet or white onion, 4 cloves garlic, 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place the tomatoes, carrots, and carrots into a blender (including all of the juices in the pan). Add the oregano, rosemary leaves (no stems), peeled garlic cloves, and puree until smooth.½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 2 sprigs rosemary*
- Pour the mixture into a large Dutch oven or pot and heat over medium heat. Add the vegetable broth, coconut milk, and tomato paste and stir until well combined.2 cups vegetable broth, 2 tablespoon tomato paste, 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce it to a simmer. Add in the ravioli and cook for the recommended time (usually around 5 minutes).9-12 oz ravioli of choice*
- Serve the soup and top with vegan parm and fresh black pepper. Enjoy!