This creamy Everything Bagel Hummus combines the savory flavors of your favorite bagel into a delicious snack everyone will love! The mix of garlic, onion, sesame seeds, and poppy seeds are an insanely flavorful combination that transforms a basic hummus into something extraordinary.
I started to fall in love with the Everything but the bagel (EBTB) seasoning when Trader Joe's released it years ago. It's literally the perfect seasoning that goes with so many foods.
My mission was to create the best homemade Everything Bagel Hummus...better than the store-bought hummus. This is now my favorite way to enjoy this seasoning!
This is a great addition to parties for an appetizer, as an after school snack, or even a spread on a sandwich for a healthy meal. Serve with your favorites veggies (a great way to get in some nutrition in the day).
- Chickpeas (Garbanzo beans): For convenience I use canned chickpeas in this recipe, but feel free to cook from dried if you prefer.
- Baking Soda: This is a secret ingredient that helps soften chickpeas in the Everything Bagel Hummus
- Garlic: Fresh garlic tastes best with this recipe. If you only have garlic powder you can substitute with that. ¼ teaspoon = 2 cloves.
- Tahini: Use good quality tahini that is smooth, creamy, and with little separation. Make sure it's well mixed. Don't have tahini? Try a little peanut butter as a substitute.
- Ice Water: Helps with the creaminess of the hummus.
- Everything Bagel Seasoning: This is a seasoning you can find at Trader Joe's, some grocery stores, or online.
See recipe card for full list of ingredients and quantities.
What's in Everything Bagel Seasoning?
This seasoning blend contains:
- Sesame seeds (white and black)
- Poppy seeds
- Dried minced garlic
- Dried onion flakes
- Coarse salt
▶︎Love hummus? Try out these other delicious homemade hummus recipes:
Step 1: Begin by softening your chickpeas in a medium size pot. Cover the bottom with water and add in drained and rinsed chickpeas with baking soda.
Simmer your chickpeas for 15 minutes, covered. (Softening your chickpeas is super important to make creamy hummus.)
Once they are done simmering, drain and rinse with water.
Step 3: Serve your Everything Bagel Hummus in a shallow bowl, smoothing it out with a spoon and topping with Everything Bagel Seasoning and olive oil (if desired).
Tahini is roasted, hulled sesame seeds ground into a paste. It is a condiment found in most hummus recipes. You can find it in your grocery store near the peanut butter or international foods (Middle Eastern). It does not have to be refrigerated. I recommend getting a higher quality brand because it makes a big difference in your hummus.
Baking soda is used to soften your chickpeas before you put them in the food processor. You will use ½ teaspoon when cooking your chickpeas and it makes a HUGE difference in the texture of your hummus. No, you cannot taste it in your hummus.
You can if it's a high speed blender. A small blender like a nutribullet likely won't create the creamiest hummus. I use a food processor and it works great every time!
Pair this hummus with:
- Pita chips or bread
- Fresh veggies like slices of bell peppers, carrots, cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, and more!
- On top of a sandwich or wrap like in this crunchy kale caesar wrap or tempeh sandwich
- As a spread on toast for breakfast
- Great on charcuterie boards for parties
Hummus is also amazing with a delicious soft bread like Turkish pide bread.
- Choose a high quality tahini for the best hummus. High quality tahini is smooth with little separation and no large chunks. It should be slightly bitter but not over powering.
- Adding ice cold water helps smooth out the texture of the hummus.
- Because the chickpeas are simmered before blended, this hummus is actually slightly warm when you first make it. I actually love it like this but you can also chill it for a few hours if you prefer your hummus cold.
⇨Other Amazing Snacks & Dips⇦
♡ Did you love this recipe? ♡
Leave a ⭐️rating and ✏️comment below (I love to read them!) Tag us on Instagram with a photo or video of your dish 📸 @naturallieplantbased.
Subscribe for more delicious recipes!
The Creamiest Everything Bagel Hummus
- Small pot with lid
- Begin by softening your chickpeas in a medium size pot. Cover the bottom with water and add in drained and rinsed chickpeas with baking soda.Simmer your chickpeas for 15 minutes, covered. (Softening your chickpeas is super important to make creamy hummus.)
- In a food processor, add softened chickpeas, olive oil, minced garlic cloves, tahini, salt, onion powder, and ice water. Process on high for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy. You may have to stop it to scrape down the edges 1-2x.
- Serve your Everything Bagel Hummus in a shallow bowl, smoothing it out with a spoon and topping with Everything Bagel Seasoning and olive oil (if desired). Serve with pita, crackers, veggies, or whatever you like!