This creamy delicious cranberry pistachio whipped feta dip is the perfect balance of sweet and savory. This smooth, tasty dip is perfect with homemade baguette chips, crackers, pretzels, or on toast.
I saw the viral trend for whipped feta dip going around for awhile and had always been eager to try it. I mean, come on, whipped feta dip sounds AMAZING! I wanted to create a twist on it that was good for the holiday season so I tried out cranberries and pistachios and it was to die for! There's something about the sweet, salty, smooth, and crunch that goes so well together. I made my own baguette chips with it and they were the perfect dipping apperatise.
- Vegan Feta : I used a block vegan feta from Trader Joe's. You can also use crumbled vegan feta like the one from Follow Your Heart.
- Vegan Sour Cream : I love the one from Kite Hill.
- Vegan Cream Cheese: I used Violife.
- Lemon Zest
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Dried Cranberries
- Chopped Pistachios
What equipment do I need for this recipe?
What feta is vegan?
Regular feta cheese contains dairy, so we will use one in this recipe that is dairy-free. A lot of grocery stores carry vegan or plant-based feta. My favorite is Trader Joe's Vegan Feta. I also love Follow Your Heart but it comes in small pieces and not a large block. For another block vegan feta try Daiya.
What is vegan feta made of?
Many are made from coconut oil and potato starch with a mix of other spices and salt.
How to make vegan whipped feta dip
Then add in some dried cranberries and pulse.
How to serve vegan whipped feta dip
When you are ready to serve your dip, spoon it into a bowl.
Top with more dried cranberries and your crushed pistachios. Drizzle on some olive oil if desired.
I love to serve mine with homemade baguettes, pita bread, pretzels, or crackers.
How do I store Whipped Feta Dip?
I store mine in a glass container for up to a week.
How else can I use this dip?
I love to spread it on toast, a sandwich, or on crackers. It is delicious on a toasted piece of sourdough drizzled with a balsamic glaze!
Want some other great dips?
Vegan Whipped Feta Dip with Cranberries & Pistachios
- In a food processor, start by creaming together your vegan feta, sour cream, cream cheese, lemon zest olive oil, and salt.
- Mix on med-high speed for a few minutes until creamy. To create a slighter thinner texture, add in 1-2 tablespoon of water.
- Add in dried cranberries and pulse until well combined.
- Spoon into a bowl and top with more dried cranberries, pistachios, and a drizzle of olive oil if desired.
- Serve with crackers or baguette chips.