This soft and naturally sweet treat is perfect for a snack or dessert!
These are a just like Larabars- if you've ever heard of those before. They are simply made with two ingredients.
Did you know dates have a lot of nutritional benefits?
- High in fiber
- High in antioxidants
- Contain other vitamins and minerals: Potassium, Iron, Copper, Vitamin B6, and Magnesium
Not to mention these balls are made with peanuts that have the highest protein content of any nut!
These are great for make-ahead snacks. Store in the fridge for up to a week (if you don't eat them all by then!)
I actually prefer them chilled rather than at room temperature.
Peanut Butter Cookie Balls
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates ~ 8 dates, softened
- 1 cup roasted peanuts unsalted- if you have salted, then omit the salt below
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- Soften dates by placing them in hot water for ~5 minutes. Drain.
- Add dates, peanuts, and a sprinkle of salt to a food processor.
- Blend for 1 minute and scrape down sides, then continue to blend until the mixture starts to form a ball that sticks to the sides.
- Roll into small balls.
- Store in airtight container in the fridge for ~1 week.