This creamy, refreshing mint chocolate chip smoothie is perfect for your next breakfast or summer smoothie. I'm calling all mint choc chip ice cream lovers! You will love this healthy take on your favorite ice cream flavor.
For this mint chocolate chip smoothie you will need a few simple ingredients:
- Frozen banana (1): creates the creamy texture!
- Handful of spinach: for our greens 😉
- Non-Dairy Milk: I love soy! Sweetened with vanilla if possible.
- Non-Dairy Yogurt: I used cashew but use whatever you have. It will make it creamier. Mine was sweetened but unsweetneed will still work just fine.
- Mint Extract: Kind of a necessity for a mint smoothie... You can get this at many groceries near the vanilla extract
- Ice: Also helps with the texture of the smoothie
- Mini Vegan Choc Chips: I used Enjoy Life brand. They do not have to be mini chips, but I think they are more fun that way, and make for a good topping 😉
Tips from Allie
- This mint chocolate chip smoothie can be made into a smoothie BOWL if you prefer. Cut back on the non-dairy milk (<½ cup) and you will have to blend a bit more, scraping down the sides. This would be SO good topped with bananas and hemp seeds.
- You could substitute real mint for the mint extract. ½ cup fresh mint = 3 teaspoon mint extract. So for our recipe this would be almost 2 teaspoon of fresh mint (hard to measure) but probably 1-2 mint leaves would be adequate. I have not sampled fresh mint in the recipe so be sure to let me know if you try it!
Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie (Vegan)
- ¼ teaspoon mint extract
- Large handful spinach
- ¾ cup non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup sweetened non-dairy yogurt
- 1 frozen banana
- Handful of mini v choc chips
- 2 ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth.
Calories: 225kcalCarbohydrates: 39gProtein: 8gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 99mgPotassium: 673mgFiber: 4gSugar: 22gVitamin A: 771IUVitamin C: 31mgCalcium: 330mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Comment below & tag @naturallieplantbased on Instagram!
Leave a comment (I love to hear from you!)